1. I’m gay.
- My cousin TA told me this. She said, “A lot of people have been asking me if you’re gay.” I didn’t ask her who, but I assume it would have to be her friends. It could also be people in our family too. I’ve been single for about 10 years, so I can see why they are wondering. No girlfriend for such a long time, maybe he doesn’t like girls? It doesn’t help that I enjoy going to gay clubs. Plus, in my parent’s living room, there’s a picture of me wearing a dress when I was young. I have to admit, I looked very flattering in that dress.
2. I hangout with TA too much.
- This is my mom’s words. I went on a road trip to New Orleans with my cousin TA in August and when my mom found out, this is what she had to say, “Going out with TA again? Don’t you know this weekend is Marian Days in Missouri? Over 60,000 Vietnamese Catholics!!! I’m sure you can find one single Vietnamese Catholic female there!” To be frank, my mom does have a point. TA is the closest thing I have to a best friend. She’s hilarious, entertaining, and tons of fun. When you have a bestie like TA, sometimes you forget that you’re still single and supposedly miserable.
3. My mom is a cock blocker.
- My dad is referencing to what happened with my very first girlfriend. She was my first girlfriend, so I fell very hard for her. I fell so hard that my grades started slipping and I had to drop a course in college. I was a zombie in love. Even on days where I’m sick and bed-ridden, I would crawl out of my bed just to visit my girlfriend. Obviously my mom thought this obsession was unhealthy, so she advised that I take a break from dating and focus more on school. I broke up with her a couple weeks later and ever since my dad has attributed my relationship woes to my mom.